Tuesday 9 April 2013

Today's the Day!

Apologies for the recent lack of communication, our internet has been distinctly patchy recently. Frustration with the lack of service has driven me to the local library to use their internet. Whilst very grateful for the free access, I am being driven to distraction by the loud chatting indulged in by librarians. Whatever happened to silence in libraries? The seven people using the computers and the two or three browsing for books are by contrast totally quiet.
I felt I had to post today as it is the first official day of the Gilligan Wood soap business. I did the official sign over at the Job Centre yesterday where I found out that my business plan had actually been approved on 1st March so God knows why they then kept me waiting for 5 weeks. My first task when I got online this afternoon was to register with HMRC to pay self employed National Insurance contributions and taxes by self assessment.
More to say regarding bees (good) and quail (bad) and whether to go ahead with the Otley Show but I think this will really have to wait until I have the peace of my own computer.
Hope to fill you in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment