Friday 3 May 2013

Spring is here, Spring is here!

I woke early this morning. I'm not sure what time as I don't currently have a clock in the bedroom (maybe I unplugged it to plug in the incubator) but it looked early, the sun was just coming up and the birds were tweeting away at the dawn chorus. I came downstairs to make tea and put some washing on, normal morning stuff and then went outside to let the chickens out, which is also part of the routine.
It was so nice out there, fresh and green in the early sun that I wandered around the garden, (I managed to cut the lawn for the first time this year on Wednesday and it was looking good). I took the opportunity to pin down a loose floor in hive 3, I always forget when I am suited up and during the day the guard bees don't like a hand messing around the entrance to the hive.
Then I followed temptation and slipped onto the valley. It looked very beautiful in the early sun, clouds of blossom covering what I'm guessing to be ornamental cherry trees.Hopefully a good source of pollen and nectar for the bees. I wished I had brought a camera but this being a spur of the moment visit I didn't even have my phone. From a bend in the path I caught a fox staring at me, no doubt appalled by the candy striped dressing gown and check pyjamas. They may be a menace to my chickens but I would love to see cubs. I returned home and checked the time- ten to six.

No comments:

Post a Comment