Monday 21 January 2013

The Sayings of Parents

This is a small update to a post I'd made a few weeks ago, I'd mentioned that my sisters and I are unable to go outside in cold weather without declaiming 'Cold, cold, it blows across the moor' which is a saying inherited from my grandfather without us ever hearing the original Victorian melodrama it came from. However Rosie pointed out to me that I have done the same thing to her, that she is prone on occasions to start singing the theme song from a 1960's television programme that she has never seen:
The Flashing Blade
Ah indeed 'For life and love and happiness are well worth fighting for'. A cracking theme song, much better than the dubbed low budget, European historical action story that it introduced.
Do any of you remember the Flashing Blade? Or any of the other poor quality programmes, we children were  forced to watch in the early seventies?

1 comment:

  1. Two pants progs I used to put on just for the fab themes were Follyfoot ("Grow, grow, the lightning tree!") & Black Beauty (OK it didn't have words but still). Most deranged TV song of all time though has to be The Lost Islands (Aussie bollocks about shipwrecked kids fleeing evil masked man) which goes on forever (every time you think it's over another verse strikes up) & must be heard to be believed!

    ReplyDelete