Monday 25 February 2013

Aaargh!

Just a quick post, to say that I am doing as I promised yesterday, and getting stuck into the soapy business, in particular the designs for the packaging.
And it's hard.
I will have 6 soaps, 3 lip balms, 2 skin balms, 2 body butters and about 7 different gift bags for combinations of the above. When it comes to design I am a perfectionist who will agonise over whether it should be Lavender or Lavender or whether the font should be Bookman Old Style, Century, Copperplate Gothic or Poor Richard. I'm leaning towards Poor Richard at the moment as I like the name.
As I have about 20 designs to do (leaving out the debate as to whether the jar lids should have a design), this is going to take a while.
I'm also having doubts about whether to change the recipe of my soap. I made a soap called Apricot Skin Softener as it has apricot kernel oil in which is my favourite to date but it is not the recipe I was going to use for the range and as it also contains shea butter it is about 50% more expensive to make. I have three choices 1) Leave the range as it is 2) tinker with the recipe adding small amounts of apricot kernel oil or shea butter or both 3) Make the apricot kernel oil soap as well and sell it at a higher price. I'm favouring the latter choice but that will ruin my strategy of having all soaps at the same price thus being able to sell any three in a gift pack.
Decisions, decisions, hence the title.

2 comments: