Saturday 2 February 2013

February Frugal Food Challenge

I was doing pretty well with the budget food strategy of not buying anything unless it was strictly necessary but then Lidl which is my main supermarket offered £5 off if I spent £35. I didn't particularly want to do this as it would mean I'd spent nearly half my monthly food budget (£80 for 2 adults and a child who eats a lot at nursery) in the first week but I thought if I plan this carefully I could buy nearly everything I need for the first three weeks. I shouldn't need to buy anything extra in week 1 which would leave me £10 a week in weeks 2 & 3 to buy milk and fruit etc and then £20 for the last week. This should be doable.
So this is what I bought:

I reckon there is enough meat there for at least 10 meals and then these will be mixed with pastas, soups, risottos etc. We will see.
It wasn't quite all I bought, I got to the checkout and found my trolley added up to £34.60. I was forced to add these to bring it over £35.

Life is tough sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment