Saturday 9 March 2013

A Frugal Failure

Not everything that is cheap and home made and based on natural ingredients is good.
Back in the middle of Frugal February, I decided to make my own washing up liquid. I didn't mention it at the time because from the start I wasn't convinced it was worth recommending. I got the recipe off the internet and it was a mixture of washing soda, soap, white vinegar and lemon juice. I can't remember the quantities and it doesn't matter as no-one will want to make it.
I knew it wouldn't bubble like detergent and I could have got used to that but I found it made the water feel unpleasantly greasy. Maybe I was using too much to compensate for the lack of bubbles. It made plenty, in fact I still have half a tub left:
 And sometimes the cleaning was as good or better than  the bought stuff, in particular lifting tea stains off mugs but yesterday I gave in and bought this:
Why make myself unhappy or at least irritated and annoyed on a daily basis for the sake of 59p?
Back to the joys of bubbles once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment