Saturday 16 March 2013

Next Steps

I have now had the email to say that I have been accepted onto the Enterprise Allowance. I have to wait now for a letter from the Job Centre to ask me to come in for the official sign over from Job Seekers Allowance to Enterprise Allowance. I submitted my Business Plan on 14th February so it hasn't been me dragging my feet but if they could now manage to drag theirs for just a week longer, then I will be moving on to employment after having signed on for 6 months, which means I qualify for various extra bonus payments including a month's mortgage payment. Still this is out of my hands.

Of more interest I have been experimenting with the skin balms (got to start filling all those jars).
Here we are with the Gardener's Balm and the Lemon Verbena.

I wondered if the green was a little off putting? Too much like putting green gunk on your hands? Rosie likes it, she also liked the smell a lot. Like the Gardener's soap, the balm has tea tree oil for antiseptic properties. pine for an outdoorsy smell and lime to tone down the antiseptic smell of the tea tree. I was surprised when Rosie said it reminded her of Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles but I do see what she means.


On Thursday, I received a Mother's Day gift through the post.


Not quite the conventional Mother's Day present, but if I am going to do shows again this is an absolutely essential piece of kit. Standing behind a stall from 10 till 5 means setting up from 8 which might mean leaving the house at 6 (or worse 4 depending on the distance), once everything is set up a cup of tea is essential. Then if it is a cold miserable day, tea is needed for warmth and come four o'clockish when custom is dying away tea is needed to fortify yourself against the packing up and the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment